Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Fast Has Been Broken

So, it's been four years. And today I finally broke it.

I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

That's right, I haven't eaten a PBJ since high school? Why? Well, because all through high school, and a good bit of my schooling before, that was all I ate. And so, by the time I received my high school diploma, I couldn't stand Skippy and Smuckers anymore. And then today, I had the strongest craving for it. And I tend to listen to my body when it comes to these things, and so I spread some peanut butter and grape jelly on two pieces of oatmeal bread and ate it with a glass of milk. And after I was done--I wanted more! (But I didn't.) I think that's what I'll have for lunch tomorrow (if I have time between work and the viewing).

Yeah, I know, profound stuff.

Well, originally I had some links here to some political articles, but then my computer shut down because of the heat, and the links didn't get saved and I'm too lazy to relink them. Looks like this is going to be a post all about my fluctuating tastes. Although, just so you know (here comes something vague), I had a very relevatory (Google says this isn't a word) thought today, that's actually pretty significant for me personally. But I don't quite know what to do with it, or rather what to do with myself now that it's hit me. Hmm... I guess if you want to know and you know me, you could ask, and you might get lucky. But you probably don't care. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are more interesting.

No comments: